Thursday, February 21, 2008

just a hippy gypsy; let me in you country



So I'm having mixed feelings about airports. I thought that I loved them; now I'm not so sure. Perhaps a person is a mamma's boy/pansy/lil'chickin'campshit if she feels safer/happier?/patriotic? boarding a plane on which everyone's shoes have been scanned for explosives...? I would like to see flying be MORE (much more) dangerous so that every time I board I plane I can feel the significance of what, I, as a human being, am actually doing. F-in' FLYING! That is cool! Nice job Wright bros! Am I right? Okay, I know flying is already scary for people; lots of people; some people who read my blog... Perhaps there could just be one alternative airline that says, 'we might crash, but don't worry about showing up at the airport two hours in advance. If you show up a little late, we'll toss down a ladder.'

6 comments:

Ricky said...

i actually got really nervous for you as i read through this. why can't hippies go to costa rica?

Meg said...

They don't want any foreigners in Costa Rica who don't look like they are going to spend any money.

KarolynK said...

Haha! This is funny. And intersting. And, really, what happened to the ease and convenience of airports? I used to get there 30 minutes prior and be golden. I've almost missed 3 out of my last 3 flights flown (my sister's missed 2 of her last 4)

Anonymous said...

Alternative Airlines.
"We're Ease, Brah."

Ricky said...

girl a month without comics is barely livable! you think i have enough work to get me through the day? i rely on you !

cristoforo said...

never a bad idea. err e day!